Excel IMABS function
The IMABS function returns the absolute value of a complex number in the form x + yi or x + yj.
Note: You can apply the COMPLEX function to convert real and imaginary coefficients to a complex number of the form x + yi or x + yj.
- Inumber (required): The complex number for which you want to calculate the absolute value.
1. The #VALUE! error occurs if “inumber” is a logical value.
2. The #NUM! error occurs if “inumber” cannot be recognized as a complex number.
3. The equation for the IMABS function is as follows:
z = x + yi
It returns a numeric value.
To convert the complex numbers in the table below to absolute values, you can do as follows.
Select a cell (says D6), enter the formula below and press the Enter key to get the first absolute value. Select this result cell and then drag its AutoFill Handle down to get other absolute values.
1) The complex number can be directly entered into the formula and needs to be enclosed in double quotation marks. So, the formula in D6 can be changed to:
2) The IMABS function accepts only lowercase “i” and “j”.
Excel COMPLEX function
The COMPLEX function converts real and imaginary coefficients to a complex number of the form x + yi or x + yj.
Excel imaginary function
The IMAGINARY function gets the imaginary coefficient of a complex number in the form x + yi or x + yj.
Excel impower function
The IMPOWER function returns a complex number raised to a given power.
Excel improduct Function
The IMPRODUCT function returns the product of 1 to 255 complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Excel BITAND function
The IMREAL function returns the real coefficient of a complex number in the form x + yi or x + yj.
Excel IMSUB function
The IMSUB function returns the difference of two complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
Excel IMSUM function
The IMSUM function returns the sum of two or more complex numbers in x + yi or x + yj text format.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Please leave your comments in English