Easily rename current document without closing it in Word
Kutools for Word
Usually we are not able to rename a working Word document until this document is closed. We must go to the folder that this document is saved in, and then rename it. The Kutools for Word's Rename utility which simplifies the renaming procedures, and it can help us quickly rename current document without closing the document first in Word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Click Kutools >> Rename. See screenshot:
If you want to rename current document without closing it first, you can rename it by clicking Kutools >> Rename. After clicking the Rename button, it display a dialog box for you to enter the new document name, please type it a new document name and click OK. Now the current document has been renamed.
1. Users could not use this utility to rename a never-saved document.
2. Users can not rename documents with some special characters, such as "*", "/", etc.
3. This utility cannot rename the file or document which is stored in the Internet and the file attribute is Read-only.
- Restore or reload the document to the last time you save
- Easily copy current working documents in Word
- Quickly open all kinds of folders in Word
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 and Windows Vista;