How to show or hide all comments and comment indicators in Excel?
Usually, if we insert some comments in excel worksheet, the little red triangles will be displayed to indicate comments in cells, and when we hover over an indicator, the comments will displayed. How can we quickly show / hide comments or comment indicators in Excel?
Auto-size Comment box to fit comment content:
With Kutools for Excel’s Autofit Comment utility, you can quickly auto adjust the comment box to fit its content in worksheet or the whole workbook.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
Using the following way to show or hide all the comments:
Click Review > Show All Comments, all of the comments have been displayed. Seen screenshot:
If you click the Show All Comments button again, all of the comments will be hidden.
This is a simple way to show or hide all comments, but if you want to hide the comment indicators, how can you do?
By default, when you insert the comments in excel, it will only display the comment indicators in cells. if you want to hide the comment indicators in Excel, you can hide the comment indicators with following steps:
1.Click File tab, and click Options.
2.In the Excel Options, click Advanced in the left panel, and then go to the Display section, in the group For cells with comments, show, check the No comments or indicators. See screenshot:
3.Click OK. And all of the comments and indicators will be set to hide of all worksheets.
And if you want to return the default state to display the comment indicators, please check Indicators only, and comments on hover in the above screenshot.
And checking the Comments and indicators option also can display all of the comments and indicators of the workbook.
With View Options tool of Kutools for Excel, you can easily set to display or hide the comments or comment indicators in Excel.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options, see screenshot:
2. In the View Options dialog box, select the settings that you want to need from the Comments section.
(1.) If you check Comment indicator only, all of the comment indicators in the workbook will be shown.
(2.) If you check None, all of the comments and indicators in the workbook will be hidden.
(3.) If you check Comment & indicator, all of the comments and indicators in the workbook will be displayed.
Tips: Kutools for Excel contains various features of cell comments, you can apply them as your need, please look at the following screenshot:
- Change all comment formats in cells
- Change all comments' author name
- List all comments to a new worksheet or workbook
- Find and replace text within comments
- Convert cell contents to comments in Excel
- Convert comments to cell contents in Excel
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...