- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoikr? ...............
How to copy Excel drop down list to Word document?
This article is talking about copying drop down list from Excel to Word document. Alternatively, it provides a step-by-step guide to show you how to manually create drop down list in a Word document.
Please do as follows to copy Excel drop down list to Word document.
1. Open the worksheet contains the drop down list you want to copy to Word document.
2. Select the drop down list cell and copy it by pressing the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
3. Go to the Word document, click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot:
4. In the Paste Special dialog box, you need to:
- 1). Select Paste link option;
- 2). Select Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object in the As box;
- 3). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the drop down list cell is pasted into Word document. When you double click the pasted object in Word, the corresponding Excel workbook is opened, and changes to the drop-down list in the worksheet will be reflected in the Word document.
Tips: This method only pastes a link creating a shortcut to the workbook. Actually, Word allows users to create drop down lists with its build-in features, if you are interested in it, please browse the below method.
Easily create drop-down list with checkboxes in Excel:
The Drop-down List with Check Boxes utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily create drop-down list with checkboxes in a specified range, current worksheet, current workbook or all opened workbooks based on your needs.
Download and try it now ( 30-day free trail)
Please do as follows to create drop down lists in a Word document.
1. In the Word document you want to insert drop down list, click File > Options.
2. In the Word options window, you need to finish the below settings.
- 2.1) Click Customize Ribbon in the left pane;
- 2.2) Select Commands Not in the Ribbon from the Choose commands from drop-down list;
- 2.3) In the right main tabs box, select a tab name (here I select the Insert tab), click New Group button to create a new group under the Insert tab;
- 2.4) Find and the Insert Form Field command in the commands box;
- 2.5) Click the Add button to add this command to the new group;
- 2.6) Find the Lock command in the commands box;
- 2.7) Click the Add button to add this command to the new group too;
- 2.8) Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the specified commands are added to a new group under the certain tab.
3. Place the cursor to where you want to insert drop down list, and click Form Field button.
4. In the Form Field dialog box, select the Drop-down option and then click OK.
5. Then a form field is inserted into the document, please double click it.
6. In the Drop-Down Form Field Options dialog box, you need to:
- 6.1) Enter a drop down item into the Drop-down item box;
- 6.2) Click the Add button;
- 6.3) Repeat these two steps until all drop down items are added into the Items in drop-down list box;
- 6.4) Check the Drop-down enabled box;
- 6.5 Click the OK button.
7. Click the Lock command to enable it. Then you can choose item from the drop down list now.
8. After finish selecting, please turn off the Lock command in order to make the whole document editable.
Note: Every time you want to choose item from the drop-down list, you need to turn on the Lock command.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoNice, but it's not a drop down list in word. Only a link to an excel sheet.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoAwesome!! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge :)