How to lock cell width and height from resizing in Excel?
For locking cell width and height from resizing, there is no direct way except protecting the worksheet. This article will show you in details of how to lock cell width and height from resizing in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The only way for you to lock the cell width and height is to protect the worksheet with password. Please do as follows.
By default, all cells in a worksheet are locked. If you want to keep cells editable after locking the cells’ width and height, please unlock them in advance.
1. Select and right click the cells you need to unlock, then click Format Cells from the right-clicking menu. In the Format Cells dialog box, uncheck the Locked box on the Protection tab, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
2. Now you need to protect the worksheet to lock the cell sizes. Please click Review > Protect Sheet. See screenshot:
3. Then specify a password to your worksheet as below screenshot shown.
Now all cells’ width and height are locked and cannot be resized by others.
- How to lock all cell references in formulas at once in Excel?
- How to lock or protect cells after data entry or input in Excel?
- How to lock or unlock cells based on values in another cell in Excel?
- How to lock picture/image to or inside cell in Excel?
- How to lock specified cells without protecting the whole worksheet in Excel?