How to hide or show no width optional breaks in Word
If we need to show or hide optional breaks in the document, we can get it done as the following ways.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Show No Width Optional Breaks
Hide No Width Optiional Breaks
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
If you need to show optional breaks in Word 2010/2013, please click File > Options > Display, and check Optional breaks box, then click OK. (In Word 2007, please click Office button > Options > Display.) See screenshot:
If you need to hide it, just uncheck the Optional breaks box.
With Kutools for Word's Display Settings utility, you can quickly switch between hide and show the optional breaks.
Step 1. Click Enterprise > Display Settings, see screenshot:
Step 2. If you want to show the optional breaks, please check the Optional Breaks box in the pop-up Display Settings dialog, and click Close. If you don’t want to show them, keep the Optional Breaks box unchecked. See screenshot:
With Display Settings utility, you also can display or hide hidden text, bookmarks, field codes and so on quickly. For more detailed information about Display Settings, please go to Display Settings.
- Show or hide spaces in Word
- Display or hide field codes in Word document
- Show document content (text animation, drawings and text boxes) in Word
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...