Remove all error reference with one click in Word
Kutools for Word
You may encounter frustrating “Error! Reference Source Not Found” message sometime when you are processing a Word document. And it’s hard for you to find out which reference source has gone, and which part of the document has been linked to the error reference source, especially for a large document. The Error Cross-References utility of Kutools for Word can remove all “Error! Reference Source Not Found” with one click.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
Click Enterprise > More > Error Cross-References. See screenshot:
If you see a dialog popping up with “Error! Reference Source Not Found” during your operation, and you want to remove the reference as quickly as possible, you can get it done by using the Error Cross-Reference utility of Kutools for Word as follows.
1. Please apply the utility by clicking Enterprise > More > Error Cross-References. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Error Cross-Reference option, there will pop up a dialog to remind you the details of the removing. If you want to remove broken cross-reference and the text, please check Delete Text option and click OK. But if you just want to remove the broken cross-references only and keep the text, please uncheck the Delete Text option, then click OK.
3. Now, there will be a prompt box popping up to tell you that how many cross-references have been removed from the whole document. Then click OK to close the dialog.
- Quickly insert or add picture (figure) caption and change figure caption style in Word
- Quickly insert or add caption to table and change table caption format in Word
- Quickly list, navigate and cross-reference all captions in Word