How to create a search folder from Inbox only in Outlook?
When creating a search folder in Outlook, it will search emails in all folders of the same email account. But, this article will show you how to change the default search scope and let a search folder search emails in the Inbox folder only.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For creating a search folder within Inbox folder only in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the email account you will create the search folder within on the Navigation Pane (or Folder Pane), and click Folder > New Search Folder. See screenshot:
2. In the New Search Folder dialog box, click to highlight the Create a custom Search Folder option, and click the Choose button. See screenshot:
3. Now you get into the Custom Search Folder dialog box, type a name for the new search folder in the Name box, and click the Criteria button; next in the opening Search Folder Criteria dialog box, specify the search criteria and click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Custom Search Folder dialog box, please click the Browse button; next in the Select Folder(s) dialog box, please only check the Inbox folder and click the OK button.
Note: it’s optional to check the Search subfolders option in the Select Folder(s) dialog box.
5. Click the OK buttons to close the Custom Search Folder dialog box and New Search Folder dialog box.
And now a new search folder is created and it will search emails in the Inbox folder only.
If you have created a search folder, you can change its search scope to Inbox folder only with below steps:
1. In the Mail view, select the search folder whose search scope you need to change on the Navigation Pane (or Folder Pane), and click Folder > Customize This Search Folder. See screenshot:
2. Now in the opening Customize dialog box, please click the Browse button. See screenshot below:
3. In the popping out Select Folder(s) dialog box, please only check the Inbox folder, optional check the Search subfolders option, and click the OK button. See screenshot above.
4. Click the OK button in the Customize dialog box.
So far, the selected search folder’s search scope has been changed to the Inbox folder only.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.