Quickly correct or update wrong caption numbering with one click in Word
Kutools for Word
Sometimes, caption numbers go wrong when we move captions around, or delete them. For example, the caption numbers become discontinuous or disordered, because captions won't update automatically after we edit them. The Refresh utility of Kutools for Word will refresh all captions in current document, and correct the caption numbering errors immediately.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Click Kutools Plus > Refresh. See screenshot:
When you find out that the caption numbering in your Word document is discontinuous or disordered as shown in the below screenshot, and you want to correct or update them to the right caption numbering, you can get it done as follows:
1. Please apply the utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Refresh.
2. After clicking the Refresh button, the caption numbering will be automatically updated as shown in the below screenshots:
- Quickly insert or add picture (figure) caption and change figure caption style in Word
- Quickly insert or add caption to table and change table caption format in Word
- Quickly list, navigate and cross-reference all captions in Word
- Remove all error reference with one click in Word
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2021 - 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 / 11 and Windows Vista;