Save a custom view
In some cases, the preset views may not meet your needs. Therefore, you need to customize the view settings in order to display special emails. This tutorial will show you two solutions to save a custom view in Outlook.
Note: This tutorial is introduced based on exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And it may vary significantly or slightly depending on the types of email accounts (Exchange, IMAP or POP), the versions of Microsoft Outlook, and Windows environments.
If you have customized the current view, you can save the current custom view as a new directly. Please do as follows:
1. After changing the current view, please click View > Change View > Save Current View As a New View.
2. In the Copy View dialog, please enter the new view name in the Name of new view box, check one option in the Can be used on section, and click the OK button.
Now the new custom view is saved and added in the Change View drop-down menu.
If you want to create and save a completely new custom view, please do as follows:
1. Open the folder for whom you will create a custom view, and click View > Change View > Manage Views.
2. In the Manage All Views dialog, please click the New button.
3. In the Create a New View dialog, please do as follows:
(1) In the Name of new view box, please type in a name as you need;
(2) In the Type of view list box, please click to select a view type as you need;
(3) In the Can be used on section, please check one option as you need;
(4) Click the OK button.
4. Now the Advanced View Settings dialog comes out. Please configure the view settings as you need, and click the OK button.
Tutorials about customizing folder view:
- Change current view
- Customize current view - add columns
- Customize current view - arrange and group emails
- Customize current view - sort emails
- Customize current view - filter emails
- Customize current view - other settings
- Customize current view - conditional formatting
- Customize current view - format columns
- Reset Current View
5. Now you return to the Manage All Views dialog, please click the OK button to save the new custom view, or click the Apply View button to apply this custom view immediately as you need.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.