Edit Message Header – From, To, Cc, and Bcc
This tutorial talks about the message headers: From (the email address used to send emails), To (regular recipients), Cc (carbon Copied recipients), and Bcc (blind carbon copied recipients) in the message header of Outlook emails.
Table of Content
- 1. Edit Message Header – From
- 2. Edit message header – To, Cc, and Bcc recipients
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
When creating a new email by clicking Home > New Email in Outlook, it will open a message composing window and add the current activated email account as From account. However, you can change it to other email accounts you have added in Outlook, or change to someone’s email address you can send emails on behalf of.
If you need to send the current email from another email account you have added in your Outlook, please click the From button, and then select the specified email account from the drop-down list.
If you have be entitled to send emails on behalf of somebody, and you need to send the current email on behalf of her/him, please do as follows:
1. Click From > Other Email Address in the message composing window.
2. In the Send From Other Email Address dialog, please enter the email address of the specified person whom you will send email on behalf of in the From box, and click the OK button.
Tips: Before sending emails on behalf of someone, you must get this person’s authorization in Outlook, otherwise the sending will be denied.
In the mail view, click Home > New Email or press Ctrl + N keys to create a new email and open the message composing window.
This tutorial introduces three solutions to add recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines when composing an email in Outlook.
You can manually type the email addresses of recipients in the To, Cc, or Bcc fields as you need, and separate these recipients with semicolons.
If you have enabled the Use Auto-Complete List option in Outlook, it will pop out the auto-complete list based on the characters you typed in the To, Cc, or Bcc fields. And you can pick up proper recipients from the auto-complete list directly.
Tips: The Use Auto-Complete List option is enabled by default in Outlook. If the auto-complete list option is disabled, you can enable as follows:
(1) Click File > Options;
(2) In the Outlook Options dialog, click Mail in the left bar, check the Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines option in the Send messages section;
(3) Click the OK button.
Automatically add Cc or Bcc recipients for every outgoing emails in Outlook
Automatically add Cc or Bcc recipients in every outgoing emails by the fantastic Auto Cc/Bcc feature. It supports to enable or disable the feature with only one click, or add Cc or Bcc recipients for emails that meet some special criteria only too. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
You can also add recipients from existing address books in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click the To, Cc, or Bcc button to open the Select Names dialog.
2. In the Select Names dialog, please choose a certain address book from the Address Book drop-down list, select one or multiple contacts (or contact groups) as you need, and then click the To, Cc, or Bcc buttons to add selected contacts as corresponding recipients.
3. Click the OK button.
Tips: If you add a contact group as recipients, you can click before the contact group to expand the group in the To, Cc, or Bcc field.
1. In the mail view, click Home > New Email or press Ctrl + N keys to create a new email and open the message composing window.
2. If you cannot find out the Bcc line the message composing window, you can add the Bcc line by clicking Options > Bcc.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.