Supposing you have a workbook which contains multiple worksheets, and now you want to protect them at once. With the built-in method of Excel, to protect multiple worksheets, you will have to protect them one by one. But with Kutools for Excel’s Protect Worksheet utility, you can quickly protect multiple worksheets at once in Excel.
1. Open the workbook which contains the worksheets you want to protect, and then apply the utility (Click Kutools Plus > Protect Worksheets > Protect Worksheets).
2. And please check the worksheets which you want to protect with password in the Protect Worksheet dialog box. Note: only the unprotected worksheets will be listing in the Protect Worksheet dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok and using a password to protect the worksheets in the Protect Worksheet dialog box, at the same time, you can check the options which you want to allow others to do with these worksheets when it is protected. See screenshot:
4. Click OK to protect worksheets.
Please don't worry that you cannot unprotect worksheets without Kutools for Excel. The protected worksheets can also be unprotected by using the Excel's native Unprotect Sheet command.
Please right click on the sheet tab which you want to unprotect and enter the password.
1. Only the unprotected worksheets will be listing in the Protect Worksheet dialog box.
2. The feature cannot be applied to chart sheets.
3. If you want to unprotect multiple worksheets you have protected at once, please use Unprotect Worksheets function.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.