Quickly filter cells by text length in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In general, we can filter cells by text length with applying the LEN function to count the character lengths in a helper column and then filter in Excel. But with Kutools for Excel’s Special Filter feature, we can quickly filter cells by text length with several clicks only.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus >> Special Filter >> Special Filter, see screenshot:
Click here to download the latest version of Kutools for Excel.
You can apply the Special Filter feature to filter cells by text length from a list as follows:
1. Select the list you will filter cells by text length, and click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter.
2. In the Special Filter dialog box, check the Text option, select Text length equal to from below drop-down list, type the specified text length in the beside box, and finally click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. The Kutools for Excel dialog box comes out and shows how many cells have been found. Please click the OK button to close it.
Now you can see only the texts with the specified text length are filtered out. See screenshot:
1. You can add font color and background color for all filtered out cells with specifying the font color and background color in the Processing of results section.
2. You can select the entire rows of all filtered out cells with checking the Select entire row option.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.