How to display January (month name) if cell starts with 1(numbers) in Excel?
Maybe in some special cases, you may want to display the cell as January if it starts with 1. For instance, there is a list of dates shown as mm/dd/yy, and you want to convert all dates into month names as below screenshot shown.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here are some formulas that can change the date to month name in Excel.
Select a blank cell, type one of below formulas to it, and press Enter key to get the month name. If you need, drag the Auto fill handle to over cells which need to apply this formula.
In Kutools for Excel’s 120+ utilities, there is a handy feature – Apply Date Formatting that can quickly convert dates formatting.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the date cells, and click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog, select the month format form left Date formatting list, click Ok or Apply. Then the dates have been converted. See screenshot: