How to insert barcode easily in word?
Many people may be perplexed when they need to insert barcode in Microsoft Word. This tutorial will introduce you two methods to insert barcode.
If you install the eastern language package for your office (like Chinese, Japanese and Korean, etc.), you can use the Microsoft Barcode Control on the Developer tab to insert a barcode, but the process is a little bit complicated
Step 1: click File > Option to open the Word Options window.
Step 2: In the Word Options window, click Customize Ribbon in the left pane, check the Developer box in the Customize the Ribbon box, and then click the OK button.
Step 3: click Developer > Legacy Tools > More Control. See screenshot:
Step 4: In the pop up More Controls dialog, select the Microsoft Barcode Control 14.0 option and then click the OK button.
Then you can see the barcode is inserted into your Word document immediately.
Is there an easier way to insert barcode? Yes, Kutool for Word is your best choice. With Kutool for Word, you can insert barcode with specific numbers into your document easily.
1. Put the curson at where you want to generate the barcode, and then click the Kutool > Barcode > Barcode. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Barcode window, please specify the following settings:
- Select a barcode type from the Barcode type drop-down list as you need;
- Enter the width and height of the barcode into the Width and Height boxes;
- Enter the barcode number you will generate in the Barcode Number box;
- Click the Enter key to enter the barcode. See screenshot:
1. You can preview the barcode with specified numbers in the window by checking the Show barcode number box.
2. You can check the Save barcode as image box and select a folder to save the barcode as an image for future use.
Then you can see the barcode is generated immediately.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIt is very complicated as I have tried to insert my numbers in bar code, it is not working or I can not properly configure it. Very disappointed for this software. and also wasted 13+14=27 MB of net. What does it mean??? Make it simple to users.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoDoes the full product have to be purchased before the barcode functions properly? Yes it inserts a barcode but how do I get it to work with my numbers.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI have downloaded the trial version of kutools for word2013 to add barcodes to addresses. When I click Kutools, more barcodes I get a message saying "Barcode control have not been installed" When I click "Yes" to download from www.extendoffice.com I get an error message saying the page cannot be found. How do I get this program to work. I will be happy to purchase it if I can get it to function.