Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
Multiply a range cells by the same number with Paste Special function
Excel provides a quick way to apply a mathematical operation on a range of cells. You can use the Paste Special function to multiply a range of cells by a number as follows:
1. Input the number 8.7 into a blank cell and copy it.
2. Select the range that you want to multiply a value, and click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot below:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All option in the Paste section, and click Multiply option in the Operation section, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
And the selected range will be multiplied by the number 8.7. See screenshot below:
Multiply a range cells by the same number with formula in Excel
Apart from the Paste Special feature, we can also apply a formula to Multiply a range of cells with the same number in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select a blank cell, says Cell E1, and type the formula =A1*$D$1 (A1 is the first cell of the range you will multiply with the same number, D1 is the cell with the specified number you will multiply with) into it, and press the Enter key.
2. Drag Cell E1's AutoFill handle right to Cell G1, and then drag down to the Cell G8. See screenshot above.
And now each cell in the specified range (A1:C8 in our case) are multiplied by 8.7 at once.
Multiply a range cells by the same number with/without formula
The Operations feature of Kutools for Excel can quickly apply various kinds of mathematical operations to a range of cells without using a formula. You can use it to multiply a range of cells by a number as follows.
1. Select the range that you want to multiply a value, and click Kutools > More > Operation, see screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, choose Multiplication from Operation box, and enter the number 8.7 into the Operand box, and click the Ok button. See screenshot: Note: If you want to create formulas as well, you can check Create formulas option. If the selected cells include formulas, and you don’t want to multiply the calculated results of formulas, please check Skip formula cells option. See screenshot:
Demo: Multiply a range cells by the same number with/without formula
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now!
One click to convert multiple time to hours/minutes/seconds with automatically multiplying 24/1440/86400
For example you have a time of 2:23:42, you can convert this time to hours by multiplying 24 (or multiplying 1440 to minutes, multiplying 86400 to seconds; in other words, we can apply the formula =F2*24 for converting the time to hours, =F2*1440 to minutes, =F2*86400 to seconds), and then change the formula cell to Number format. But, with Kutools for Excel’s Convert Time utility, you can one click to batch convert multiple time data to hours/minutes/seconds only in Excel. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Easily convert currencies by automatically multiplying the latest exchange rate in Excel
In general, we need to get the latest exchange rate between the two specified currencies, and then multiply the latest exchange rate to convert the original currency to the given currency. But, with Kutools for Excel's Currencies Conversion utility, it can automatically multiplying the latest exchange rate for easily batch converting currencies in Excel. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
1. Select Cell B5, press Ctrl + C to copy it。
2. Select Range A1:A4, right click, and click Paste Special > Paste Special in the context menu.
3. In the Paste Special dialog, check Multiply option, and click OK.
Let there are eight nos , 234 269 311 634 711 748 987 1001 Now I want to multiply the maximum of close numbers( the nos which are very close to each other) by a no. for example: 311 x A1, 748 x A2, & 1001 x A3 how should I proceed ?
I am trying to create a formula for a cell and keep getting an error. I want to multiply a cell but i want it to figure different amounts. example: cell A19 i want it to figure cell A17 total if less than 500 multiply cell A18*5, then If cell A17 total is less than 1000 multiply A18*10, then if A17 is less than 1500 multiply A18*15, then if A17 is greater than 1500 multiply A18*20.what i have tried is: IF=(a17
I am trying to create a formula for a cell and keep getting an error. I want to multiply a cell but i want it to figure different amounts. example: cell A19 i want it to figure cell A17 total if less than 500 multiply cell A18*5, then If cell A17 total is less than 1000 multiply A18*10, then if A17 is less than 1500 multiply A18*15, then if A17 is greater than 1500 multiply A18*20.what i have tried is: IF=(a17[/quote]