How to reverse axis order in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to reverse axis order in a chart. For example, in a bar chart, compared with the data, the axis order is reversed in default, in this case, you may want to reverse the axis order to meet the data order as show as below. Now this tutorial will tell you how to reverse the axis order quickly in Excel.
Create a speedometer chart with two steps！
|Sometimes, you may want to use a speedometer chart to display the pricessing of a project, but in Excel, to create a speedometer chart needs many steps which is complex and wasting time. Here, the Speedometer chart tool in Kutools for Excel can help you create a standard speedometer chart by two simplesteps. Download this tool with free 60-day trial now.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
There is an option in Format Axis dialog for reversing the axis order.
1. Right click the y axis you want to reverse, and select Format Axis from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In Format Axis dialog, check Categories in reverse order option in Axis Options section. See screenshot:
Tip: In bar chart, reserve the x axis with righting click the x axis and selecting the Format Axis from context menu, then checking the Values in reverse order in the Format Axis dialog box.
3. Close the dialog, now the y axis order is reversed.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoObrigado amigo!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoWhen you reverse the order of the y axis, how do you keep the x axis labels at the bottom of the chart? And, why do they move to the top of the chart?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoClick "categories in reverse order" to fix the order problem, then click "value (Y) axis crosses at maximum category" to put the axis at the bottom.
These two together will make horizontal bar charts work the way any normal human would want... :-)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoThank you so much
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoYou're the best, thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoDouble Thanks Sandy.
Why on Earth am I formatting the Horizontal Axis in the Vertical Axis Format Properties Microsoft?!?!?!?! I NEVER would have figured this out without Sandy.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks Sandy
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis is good; however, I still need the x-axis lables to remain at the bottom fo the chart. When you reverse the order, they move to the top. Who would want the axis labels at the top of the chart????