Easily unblock (access to) unsafe attachment types in Outlook
Kutools for Excel
Let’s say you received a message with an attachment of EXE file in Outlook. Generally you can’t access this attachment because Outlook identifies the EXE file as a potentially unsafe attachment (see following screenshot). How can you access the exe attachment when you pretty sure it’s safe? Kutools for Outlook comes up with the Safe Attachment Extensions option to help Outlook users easily unblock or access to attachments with specific file extensions.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Options > Others > Safe Attachment Extensions. See screenshots:
Click here to download the latest version of Kutools for Outlook.
Kutools for Excel’s Safe Attachment Extensions option allows Outlook users to configure unsafe attachments’ extensions as safe, so that Outlook users can access these unsafe attachments easily.
1. Click Kutools > Options to open the Options dialog box. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Options dialog box, go to the Others tab, type the attachment extension into the Safe Attachment Extensions (Separator = ;) box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: For multiple attachment extensions, please separate them by semicolon “;”, such as “.exe;.msi”.
3. Now a dialog box comes out and reminds you to restart Microsoft Outlook. Please click the OK button to close this dialog box, and then restart Microsoft Outlook.
When back to the message with the unsafe attachment, you will see the unsafe attachment is visible and you can access it as normal. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.