How to create pivot chart in Excel 2007/2010/2013?
In Excel, you may usually insert a chart to help you analyze the data, but do you know in some cases, a pivot chart is better than the normal chart for analyzing in Excel? Now this tutorial is talking about pivot chart creating in Excel.
Navigation--AutoText (add usually used charts to AutoText pane, only one click when you need to insert it in any sheets .)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To create a pivot chart, you can do as the following steps:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Select the base data, and click Insert > PivotTable > PivotChart. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel 2013, you need to click the Insert > Pivot Chart > Pivot Chart.
2. In the popping Create PivotTable with PivotChart dialog, choose the location you want to place the new PivotTable and PivotChart in Choose where you want the PivotTable and PivotChart to be placed section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now a PivotTable Field List displays in the left of the worksheet.
4. Now drag the fields you want to show in the PivotChart to the areas as you need. Here I drag Saler and Order ID fields to Axis Fields (Categories) section, and drag Amount field to Values section. See screenshots:
Note: When you create a pivot chart, a pivot table is created at the same time.
If you want the legend series shown as Saler, you can drag Saler field to the Legend Fields (Series) section. See screenshots:
You can filter the Order ID or Saler by clicking the down arrow in PivotChart, specify the filter criteria in the drop down list, and then click OK.
(1) The pivot table will change as the pivot chart changes.
(2) In Excel 2007, we cannot filter data in the Pivot chart, but we can filter data in the Pivot table and the data in the pivot chart will change automatically.