How to vlookup to another workbook?
As we all known, the VLOOKUP function can be used in the same workbook, have you ever tried to apply this VLOOKUP function in two different workbook? In fact, this function also can be applied between two workbooks, please read this article to know more details.
Supposing I have the following two workbooks which are Jan-orders and Feb-orders, now, I want to vlookup from the Jan-orders and return their corresponding values into Feb-orders.
To vlookup from one workbook to another workbook, you can use the VLOOKUP function as usual, and you just need to change the lookup range to another workbook, see following formulas: =VLOOKUP(A2,'[Jan-orders.xlsx]Sheet31'!$A$2:$C$7,2,FALSE)
1. Open both workbooks that you want to vlookup from one to another.
2. Then create the VLOOKUP formula, click one cell where you want to put the result, and then click Formulas > Lookup & Reference > VLOOKUP, see screenshot:
3. In the Function Arguments dialog, choose the lookup-value in the current workbook, and then select the lookup range or table-array from another workbook, then enter the col-index-num that your matched value is returned, at last, type FALSE into the Range-lookup text box, see screenshot:
4. After finishing the arguments, please click OK, then drag the fill handle over to the cells that you want to contain this formula, and you can see the corresponding values from another workbook will be returned:
If the lookup table workbook is open, the VLOOKUP formula will show the workbook name and the referenced range address, but, if the lookup table workbook is closed, the full file path for the lookup table workbook will be shown in the formula as following screenshot shown:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agosir ek file ka data dusri file mai kaise la shkte vlookup ke through
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHello
In case of I want to revert the raw data of source by VLOOKUP (Example above is Jan-orders.xlsx workbook)
So how can I export the data of Jan-orders.xlsx when I only have Feb-orders with Result already set
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHi,
I need to find customers phone numbers from various worksheets in one Ecel workbook and bring the phone # to a new workbook. Can you possibly show me an easy way to do this I'm using Office 365.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you for your help.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you for helping me find this problem.