How to move active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel?
Moving the active sheet to end or front of current workbook helps you easily shift to this worksheet among lots of sheets. In this article, we will show you methods of moving active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With Excel’s Move or Copy function, you can move active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel.
1. Stay in active sheet, right click the sheet tab bar, and then select Move or Copy from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Move or Copy dialog box, for moving active sheet before all sheets, please scroll to select the top sheet in the Before sheet box, and for moving active sheet to end of all sheets, please scroll down to select move to end option in the Before sheet box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshots:
|Move active sheet to top||Move active sheet to end|
Then the active sheet will be moved to end or front of current workbook at once.
Running the following VBA codes, you can move active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel.
1. Activate the worksheet you want to move to end or front of current workbook, press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below codes into the Module window.
VBA code: move active sheet to end of current workbook
Sub MoverToEnd() ActiveSheet.Move _ After: = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count) End SubVBA code: move active sheet to front of current workbook
Sub MoverToFront() ActiveSheet.Move Before: = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1) End Sub
3. After pasting the code, press the F5 key to run the code. Then the active sheet will be moved to end or front of current workbook immediately.
With the Sort Sheets utility of Kutools for Excel, you can not only sort all worksheets with alpha, color, but also easily move active sheet to top, end or specified position of current workbook.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Click Enterprise > Worksheet > Sort Sheets. See screenshot:
2. In the Sort Sheets dialog box, the active sheet is selected by default, and you need to do the following operations:
A. For moving active sheet to front of current book, please keep clicking the Move up button until active sheet reaches the top of the New sheet tabs order box.
B. For moving active sheet to end of current book, please keep clicking the Move down button until active sheet reached the bottom of the New sheet tabs order box.
C. Click the OK button. See screenshot:
1. You can arrange all sheets by alpha in current workbook with clicking the Alpha Sort button.
2. You can arrange all sheet with alpha numeric sort by clicking the Alpha Numeric Sort button.
3. Click the Color Sort button, all sheets will be sorted by tab color.
4. You can instantly view sheet with checking the View sheet box.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|
- How to delete all sheets except specified/current one in Excel?
- How to save, export or convert multiple/all sheets to csv or text files in Excel?
- How to return to last active sheet in Excel?