How to keep duplicate rows only in a column in Excel?
This article will show you methods of keeping duplicate rows only in a column in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In this section, you can use formula to identify the unique and duplicate values in a column, and finally filter out all unique values. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =COUNTIF(A:A, A2)=1 into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Keep selecting the cell, drag the Fill Handle down until reaches the last cell of the list.
1. In the formula, A:A is the column contains the duplicate values, A2 is the second cell of the list locating below the heading. You can change them based on your needs.
2. The result FALSE means the corresponding cell is duplicate in the list, and TRUE indicates unique.
3. Select the first cell of the result list, and then click Data > Filter.
4. Click the drop-down arrow, uncheck the TRUE box in the drop-down box, and then click the OK button.
5. Now all unique value cells are hidden immediately, and only the duplicate values are displaying in the list.
Note: If you want to remove all hidden unique cell rows, you can try the Delete hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns utility. See screenshot below.
After free installing Kutools for Excel , with the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily select the entire rows of all unique cells, and then delete them at once.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the list you want to keep only duplicate rows, then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select the Unique values only option, check the Select entire rows box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many rows have been selected, please click the OK button.
4. Right click on the selected rows, and then click Delete from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Now all unique cell rows are deleted and only the duplicate values kept.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|