How to quickly extract rows that meet criteria in Excel?
Extract rows that meet criteria with Filter function
Extract rows that meet criteria with Kutools for Excel
In Excel, you can filter the rows meeting the criteria first, and then copy them to another location.
1. Select the range included headers you want to extract rows from, click Data > Filter to add the Filter icons beside headers. See screenshot:
2. Then click at the Filter icon besides Score column (the column you may extract rows based on), and click Number Filters > Custom Filter from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog, select the criteria from the drop down lists, and type the number scope into the textboxes, and check And. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and the data range has been filtered out by the criteria you set.
5. Then select the filtered out data, and press Ctrl + G to open the Go to dialog, and click Special to go to the Go to Special dialog, and check Visible cells only option. See screenshot；
6. Click OK, and now only the visible cells are selected in the range, and press Ctrl + C to copy it, and then go to select a cell to press Ctrl + V to paste the visible cells. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
If you want to solve this problem with fewer steps, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells function to select the rows that meet the criteria, and then copy them to another location.
1. Select the column you extract rows based on, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Entire row option in Selection type, and specify your criteria in the Specify type section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to close the dialog, and a dialog pops out to remind you selecting how many cells, just click OK to close it.
4. Now press Ctrl + C to copy the rows and select a cell which to put the extracted rows and press Ctrl + V to paste.
- How to extract data from chart or graph in Excel?
- How to extract all duplicates from a column in Excel?
- How to extract string from IP address in Excel?