How to insert timestamp into specific cell when macro is run in Excel?
This article is talking about inserting timestamp into specific cell when a certain Macro is running in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you need to automatically populate cell A1 in current worksheet with timestamp when a certain Macro is triggered. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Insert timestamp into specific cell when Macro is run
Sub macro() 'Insert your macro here [A1] = Now End Sub
Note: In the code, please replace the 'Insert your macro here with the certain VBA code you will run. And A1 is the cell that will populate the current timestamp.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. After executing the specific code, the timestamp will be inserted into cell A1 automatically in your worksheet.
- How to insert or display last saved timestamp on worksheet in Excel?
- How to insert current timestamp when data in another cell changes in Excel?