How to keep texts together by multiple simple ways in Word?
You may find that sometimes when you are typing texts in a Word document, the texts cannot be kept together. If you need to keep some important texts together, you can get it by the following tricks.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
If you want some certain words to appear in the same line, you can use nonbreaking space instead of using a regular space between the words.
1. Select the space between the words which you want to keep in a line. See screenshot:
2. Hold Ctrl and Shift buttons, and press Space button simultaneously, then the words are in the same line. See screenshot:
If you want to keep the words which are connected by hyphen characters in a line, you can use nonbreaking hyphen instead of using the hyphen characters.
1. Select a hyphen character among the words you want to keep together, see screenshots:
2. Hold Ctrl and Shift buttons, then press button simultaneously to insert a nonbreaking hyphen instead of inserting a regular hyphen character.
3. Repeat step 1 and step 2 to instead all hyphen characters among the words by nonbreaking hyphens, then the words is kept in a line. See screenshot:
If you want to keep a whole paragraph or several lines in the same page, you can do as follow:
1. Put your cursor at any place of the paragraph and then click Home > Paragraph Setting button to open Paragraph dialog. See screenshot:
2. Click Line and Page breaks tab and check the Keep Lines together option, then click OK. See screenshot:
You can see the paragraph is kept in a page.
- Remove All First Line Indents in Word
- Remove all right indents in Word
- Remove all left indents in Word
- Remove all indents in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years ago-13% when the - is at the end of a line and the 13 on the next, how do I keep them together? I can't use a nonbreaking hyphen, because I need the - to appear at all times -- it's a minus sign.